- The Nutrition CornerThe second installment of an 8-part article series titled, “8 Key Characteristics of Nutritious Eating”, is here! Crystal Witte gives us encouragement and guidance with “Nutritious Eating is Realistic For Your Life”. And another pumpkin recipe! What’s not to love! Catch up on all the articles here at the Nutrition Corner page.
- PTC Newsletter Stuffing Postponed to March 1stThe next newsletter stuffing, announced in the January/February 2023 On Your Mark newsletter for 23 February, will now be held on March 1st. Hosted by Debi Henderson (same address as announced in the newsletter) Newsletter Stuffing begins at 7:00 PM, followed by a potluck “pig out”… please bring a dish to share.
- The Nutrition CornerCheck out the Nutrition Corner for help achieving a healthy diet and making lifestyle choices. These articles are written by fellow runner and credentialed Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Crystal Witte. Her first article, “Nutritious Eating is Enjoyable, Not Restricting” includes a must-try recipe for Pumpkin Lima Bean soup! Don’t miss it!
- PTC Awards BanquetPTC Annual Awards Banquet is Saturday, January 21 at Marlbank Farms Clubhouse in Yorktown. Appetizers at 6,dinner at 7, entertainment and awards 8. A Signup Genius email has been sent. If you did not receive one, contact Maria Peters at PTCSocialCoordinators@gmail.com. I look forward to seeing you for an evening of delicious food and drink, …
- Monday Night Hill WorkoutChilly hill workout this evening at Yorktown Beach but both walkers and runners showed their holiday spirit. Every Monday at 4 pm meeting at the first floor of the parking garage.
- Sandy Bottom 8-Hour Training Run (or Just a Loop)Karen Sanzo (Just a Training Run) is putting on another fun event!Come out and run the first trail race of the new year at Sandy Bottom Nature Park in Hampton on January 7, 2023! Run a fast and flat 3.75 mile race in the “Just A Loop” run, or stay longer for the 8 hour …
Continue reading “Sandy Bottom 8-Hour Training Run (or Just a Loop)”
- Oyster Pointer ArticleI’m a little late in sharing this, but go to page 22 of the November Oyster Pointer for a very nice article about PTC. Thank you Anna Dorl for this great write-up and highlighting our all-volunteer organization:
- More Volunteers are needed for Saturday’s Race!SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 12th Riverwatch Sudivision; 8031 Riverwatch Ct, Gloucester, VA US 23061 Race begins at 1:00 p.m. Volunteers are asked to arrive at 12:00 p.m. This race is both a PTC Grand Prix Event and a Hampton Roads Super Grand Prix Event! Call or text Jaime Cox at (757) 817-1221 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org Thank …
Continue reading “More Volunteers are needed for Saturday’s Race!”