The 1st Annual Gallopond Gallop 5K was held on Friday evening, June 20, 2014. The race course was mostly cross-country on groomed trails around Gallopond Lane in Gloucester. Race activities went beyond the 5K race with lots of food and several bands performing along with displays of NASCAR equipment used by the K&N Pro Series East drivers with several drivers present. The race itself was conducted and results were generated by the Peninsula Track Club. Conditions at race time were warm and sunny with temperatures in the 80s.
68 runners entered this innaugural 5K with 63 completing the course. The 5K race course is not certified, but was accurately measured and was followed correctly by the runners.
- Twilight 5k Trail Run: Race starts 6:30pm
- $35 Pre-Registration by June 6 includes:
- Running Technical shirt
- 1 Free Beer (age 21/older)
- Post race party with live music
- Optional extra fee for catered dinner ($10)
- $40 Registration after June 6 and race day (no dinner option)
- Packet pickup and sign in starts 5pm Race day
- Portion of proceeds will be donated to the Gloucester Volunteer Fire/Rescue Dept.
- Awards: Top 3 Overall Male and Female
- Top 3 Male and Female Masters
- Top 3 Male and Female Age Groups:
- 13 & under, 14-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 & Over
- Live music presented by Academy of Rock Music
- Additional food/drink vendors will be present
- Local business vendors with samples and demonstrations
- Come run and meet with NASCAR K&N Pro Series drivers
- NASCAR race cars and hauler on display